Ortofon Super OM 10 Single Cartridge
The Ortofon Super OM 10 cartridges
The Super OM cartridges have been designed on the basis of our OM lightweight system with three major improvements:
1. By means of computer simulations it has been possible to define the natural pivot point of the system with unprecedented accuracy while achieving an optimum oscillation balance. The result: improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion.
2. Additionally, a new technique was developed and applied: slit less than 1 mm dia. hollow pole pins, thus significantly reducing eddy current losses caused by magnetic hysteresis. This sophisticated technology extends the frequency range and improves phase linearity.
3. Thirdly OM Super cartridge body is manufactured from a Noryl (plastic & glass compound) which ensures high rigidity, and freedom from resonances.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.
- Channel balance at 1 kHz < 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz > 22 dB
- Frequency response 20-20,000Hz +3/-1 dB
- Frequency range 20-24,000Hz
- Tracking ability (315Hz, lateral) > 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic (lateral) 25 µm/mN
- Stylus type Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range 1,25-1,75 g
- Recommended tracking force 1,5 g
- Tracking angle (vertical) 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance 1 kOhm
- Internal inductance 580 mH
- Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance 200 - 500 pF
- Cartridge weight including weight plate 5 g
- Cartridge weight without weight plate 2,5 g