Landscape HC-TT - Human Controlled Tape Transporter
HC-TT - HUMAN CONTROLLED TAPE TRANSPORTThe HC-TT is a compact cassette manipulation device which allows you to play a cassette with your hands similarly to how you scratch a vinyl record. Sound will only be produced while your hand is turning the single black knob. By turning this knob you are rotating the cassette spindle moving the tape across the internal tape head. The knob plays a regular cassette in the forward direction and a homemade cassette loop in either direction. The blue switch is a momentary mute for both stereo channels. There is no motor in this device. It does not record, only outputs pre-recorded audio from a cassette. Please see below for additional details.
- Etched aluminum enclosure (4.7" x 3.7" x1.5")
- Large "playback" knob (directly moves a regular cassette in the forward direction and a homemade cassette loop in either direction)
- Cassette tape opening along front edge (lift playback knob, slide in tape, reseat knob shaft into cassette spindle)
- Blue momentary mute switch with spring return
- Stereo L/R volume knobs
- 1/4" outputs (Stereo L/R)
- 3.5mm outputs (Stereo L/R)
- 9v power supply (tip +)
- Shipped with one randomly selected old cassette tape
This is a lo-fi device. These audio examples below show the HC-TT sometimes played alone and sometimes running through other effects pedals. For example (Mixtape > Looperpedal) is a mixtape manipulated with the HC-TT into a looper pedal.