Landscape AllFlesh (DIY kit of 10 units)
AllFlesh is a patching system for modular systems. It's a new way to interact, perform and control, yielding new results and new sounds not possible without the subtleties of human touch and gestural expression. You are the patch cords: you create modulation, your fingers are multiples, you are attenuation, you bend pitches with finger pressure, you transfer sequences from oscillator to oscillator, you trigger voices.
The size and shape of AllFlesh allows for expressive finger pressure changes, as well as directionalized placement in your system which aids ergonomic considerations, proximity to other jacks and knobs, and personal performance styles. Similar to using patch cables, AllFlesh allows your system to be what you make it, but with AllFlesh the patching and personalization of a modular environment go much further. Each individual will move their hands differently within an AllFlesh patch, and each individual's skin conductivity is different. These two variables mean that your modular interaction stays personalized while also literally increasing your connection with and reaction to the resulting audio. It's important to note that the experimental nature of this patching method means that it is not completely applicable to all patching duties. It is up to the performer to find out what works best for them, their particular modules and their particular system.
- DIY kit of 10 units.
- Immersion Gold touch surface, 11 x17mm
- 3.5mm mono phone plug
- Simple soldering required
- Can be plugged into stackable patch cables
- Can be touched with flesh or patch cables
- This is a DIY project, you will need solder, a soldering iron, clippers, a file and basic soldering experience.
- Use only with professionally produced modules and systems.
- Use at your own risk, we are not responsible for damage to persons or goods.
- It is not recommended for use with other instruments or purposes beyond modular synthesizer patching.