Korg nanoKEY2 (Black)
nanoKEY2 Slim-Line USB Keyboard - BlackProduct Highlights:
- Low-profile, 25-key USB-MIDI keyboard, ideal for use with laptop and netbook computers
- Advanced-design keybed offers improved accuracy and velocity-sensitive keys.
- Sustain button – ideal for entering piano parts!
The nanoKEY2 features an advanced and up-to-date design. By combining the great-feeling "touch" that Korg has developed for its professional MIDI keyboards and the low-profile "thinness" of recent computer keyboard innovations, the nanoKEY2 provides a superior keyboard response for its class and size. It's designed with ample key width and plenty of space between the keys, reducing the chances of a wrong note. The touch and velocity response have been carefully tuned, as only a manufacturer with Korg's track record and know-how can, ensuring that your expressive performance will be conveyed accurately to your software.
Control buttons provide simple yet versatile control
The Octave Shift buttons – borrowed from Korg's MIDI controllers – allow the overall pitch to be shifted four levels, either UP or DOWN, in octave increments. For enhanced performances, the nanoKEY2 also provides Pitch Bend buttons, a Modulation button, and a Sustain button – one that's indispensible for piano or electric piano performance. For each of these buttons, the on/off switching speed can be specified over four levels (using the Korg Kontrol Editor), ensuring the smooth changes that are appropriate for your performance.
Korg Kontrol Editor software
The nanoKEY2 works with the "Korg Kontrol Editor" software – available free on the Korg website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. Choose from a total of four velocity settings: three velocity curves or fixed velocity; specify the control change messages transmitted by the modulation button and the sustain button.
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoKEY2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
Apple iPad Compatibility*
Enjoy nanoSERIES2 MIDI control of your iPad Music apps! Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can now be used with the iPad via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, providing MIDI control using the Apple Core MIDI features. Apple iOS 4.2.1 is supported, and the app needs to support Core MIDI. If you are using multiple nanoSERIES2 controllers, or plan to use a single nanoSERIES2 for an extended period of time, please use a powered USB hub.
- Keyboard: 25-key with velocity and 4 velocity curves
- Pitch up/down buttons
- Octave Shift up/down buttons with -4 to +4 octave range
- Modulation button
- Sustain button
- Host applications corresponding to MIDI input
- USB bus power
- USB bus power: less than 100 mA
- Size (W x D x H) 12.80 x 3.27 x 0.65 inches
- Weight: 0.54 lbs.
- Accessories: USB cable
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X.
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or Later (32bit/64bit)
- Supported Computer: Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows7 (Intel USB chipset recommended)
*This product uses applied technology from ART Teknika's CONSOLE.
*Mac, the Mac logo and the Audio Units logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*The "Built for Mac OS X" graphic is trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., used under license.
*Windows XP/Vista/7 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
*All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.