Korg SQ-1 Step Sequencer (Open Box)
Open Box Korg SQ-1
SQ-1: 2 x 8 step sequencer
When the classic MS-20 analog synthesizer appeared in 1978, it had a trusted partner in the SQ-10 step sequencer. Now, after thirty years, the MS-20 has been reborn as the MS-20 mini, and the SQ-10 has evolved into the more modern SQ-1.
The SQ-1 is a compact step sequencer with 2 x 8 steps. It's wealth of connection jacks allows it to be connected to the MS-20 and a variety of other synthesizers. Vintage analog synths or the latest compact synths can be controlled from this single unit. You can also switch between a variety of synthesizer modes and use the step buttons to create performances overflowing with spontaneity, just as when using a volca unit.
Liberate yourself from the numerically-bound parameter editing that's typical on a DAW; you'll enjoy truly musical inspiration as you train your ears and concentrate on what your fingertips are doing. Don't miss the experience of music that's driven by your instinct.
- Connect and control the MS-20 and many other types of equipment
- A variety of sequencer modes
- Step edit buttons inherited from the volca, providing excellent improvisatory possibilities
- Sturdy and compact body, with battery operation
Connect and control the MS-20 and many other types of equipment
* V/Oct supported for 1V, 2V, and 5V; Hz/V supported for 8V.
As a connector, the SQ-1 provides two CV/GATE OUT channels, the standard MIDI OUT and USB MIDI, littleBits out (to connect to the littleBits synth kit by littleBits Electronics Inc.), plus the SYNC IN/OUT channel that allows you to connect to the volca series and monotribe. Compact and complete with all the functions you need, the SQ-1 is the ideal hardware sequencer.
Versatile sequencer modes
Step buttons inherited from the volca provide excellent improvisatory possibilities
The 2 x 8 step buttons can be used in the usual way to turn notes on/off, but you can also use the MODE button to switch their function, opening up powerful possibilities such as letting you “perform” the sequence itself, as on a volca unit.
“Active Step” lets you skip steps mid-way through a sequence, and “Step Jump” lets you instantly play just the step that you press, producing irregular rhythms or effects that are reminiscent of short loops. “Slide” produces an effect in which steps are connected smoothly; using this to control a synth bass is an easy way for anyone to generate an acid sound.
Sturdy and compact body, with battery operation
- Sequence step resolution is selectable as quarter notes, eighth notes, or 16th notes.
- You can specify the way in which the step knobs control the pitch. The knob values can specify the pitch directly, or they can specify the closest note in a major, minor, or chromatic scale.
|Sequencer Mode||ALTERNATE, ORDER, PARALLEL TURN, PARALLEL ORDER, CV/DUTY, CV/SLIDE, CV/DUTY RADOM, RANDOM|
|Step Mode||GATE ON/OFF, ACTIVE STEP, SLIDE, STEP JUMP|
|Sequence Step Resolution||quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes|
|CV OUT Pitch||Linear, Minor, Major, Chromatic|
|CV OUT Voltage||1V, 2V, 5V (Oct) 8V (Hz/V)|
|GATE OUT Polarity||+ (positive polarity), - (negative polarity)|
|SYNC IN/OUT Polarity||+ (rise), - (fall)|
|Power Supply||Two AA batteries (alkaline batteries recommended), or USB power|
|Battery Life||approximately 5 hours (when using alkaline batteries)|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||93 x 84 x 63 mm/7.60" x 3.31" × 2.48"|
|Weight||641 g/1.41 lbs.|
|Included Items||Two AA batteries for checking operation, mini plug – DIN cable|
|Options||Patch cable MS-CABLE-18|
* All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.